Here’s to one year of shitty fangirling!
WHY DO PEOPLE HATE HER.
because she transformed from an innocent child star into a normal adult and people can’t handle it
K she won me.
- Redface costume
- Repeated appropriation of bindis
- She named one of her concert tours the “G*psy Heart Tour” even though that’s an ethnic slur and extremely offensive
- This racist tweet
- Her appropriative Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull costume, which she randomly mixed with a bunch of other unrelated symbolism
- Her pretty much constant appropriation of twerking (before you make some ignorant comment, yes twerking is an actual art form/form of dance, and it has deep historical and cultural roots an white people doing it is absolutely cultural appropriation (more info on twerking’s roots in African dance here)
- Tons of racist imagery, appropriation of AAVE, and appropriation of twerking in her video for “Can’t Stop”
- While in Germany, asked to be shown "t****y bars, like guys as girls"
- Repeatedly using (and again) (Those are 3 different links, folks) little people as props. One of her former backup dancers said of the experience, “Standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do” and “I was being stared and laughed at for all of the wrong reasons. I was being looked at as a prop…as something less than human.” and “For the first time I felt truly ashamed of being a little person. We were being used simply because we were little. It felt like society still saw us as a joke, despite the fact there is literally nothing different about me other than the fact I am small”. You can read her full essay here.
- On the sound of one of her songs: “I want urban, I just want something that just feels Black”
hell yeah miley cyrus is a feminst A WHITE FEMINIST WHO DOESNT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WOMEN OF COLOR
I showed this post to my boyfriend and he tried to take his shirt off like a girl and
Out of the 82k notes my post got this is by far the best comment holy shit thank u for being u
So i tried it both ways and uh
i mean how do you do the first one without pulling out all your hair?
this made me laugh really hard….
and it made me realize that girls and boys pull their shirt off differently. /amazed
but seriously I think girls just do the cross arm thing because of HAIR like demonstrated
So one year, one URL change, and a hair cut later, I decide to try again… FOR SCIENCE!
Its not science unless you write it down so